Author Topic: Kyushu Kurobuta Tonkatsu Tour  (Read 2117 times)

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
Re: Kyushu Kurobuta Tonkatsu Tour
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 04:13:00 PM »
This is probably a stupid question but do you have to lock your bike when you are visiting one of these places?

I am always amazed at how close some cities are to active volcanoes. If that one decides to really blow it is not going to erupt like one in Hawaii either.  :yikes:

I was going to comment on clink's post but it looks like that ship has sailed. Guess I'm off the hook.
One wheel shy of "normal"

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 04:39:17 PM »

my density has brought me to you...

« Reply #40 on: Today at 04:13:00 PM »
This is probably a stupid question but do you have to lock your bike when you are visiting one of these places?

Not a stupid question at all. In the next city I visit Kumamoto there's a related topic. 

People for the most part don't steal things in Japan.  It's totally fine to not lock up your bike.  The majority of bikes you see people riding are commuter style bikes nicknamed "mom" bikes
These bikes have a built in wheel lock. Many people.will lock the wheel in larger cities.  I have heard that people get their bike stolen sometimes and I think the likely scenario is someone.mistaking your bike for theirs or "borrowing" it. I dont think it's like the U.S. where some body steals.it to resale or part out.

No stealing is one of the reasons I like to visit.  It takes a little.getting used to.  It's especially nice if you are cycling solo.